Friday, 20 December 2013

It's all just an optical illusion

Trousers: Zara (£29.99)/ Top: Primark (£3)/ Necklace: Urban Outfitters (old)


I thought that I'd introduce you to my absolute favourite trousers of the moment! I'd never even tried on cigarette style trousers as I had always thought that they'd be unflattering, but these just drew my eye as soon as I walked into the shop... and you can probably see why. 

I've taken my lead from the trousers here and created an entirely monochrome outfit by pairing them with a long sleeved black crop top from Primark, which was only £3 and I'd probably label my bargain of the month. As I've got a few Christmas drinks parties lined up over the next few weeks, I thought that wearing this outfit with some skinny stilettos might make a great alternative to the classic jeans-and-a nice-top combo. Saying that, I've also enjoyed dressing down these cheeky checks with a cropped jumper, some Chelsea boots and an oversized denim jacket. I'm not really a Dr. Martens kind of a girl, but I do think that these trousers would look great with a pair.

I'd love to hear what you'd wear these trousers with. What are you planning on wearing to get festive over the next few weeks?

Love Essie x 

19 comments:

  1. great pants. It really looks good on you and love how you styled it. I would pair those pant with a fluffy coat, maybe like a pale pink, if it gets colder. I wish I could wear coats where I live...
    have a great day

    http://livelifeamour.blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds great, very 60s! They've got a coat like that in Topshop at the moment xx

      Delete
  2. Bloody love these trousers! I saw them a while back in store but they didn't have my size. Might have to have another look...!
    Natalie | Just a Thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should! They do them online too, although I'm not sure what Zara are like with postage xx

      Delete
  3. you look so pretty ! Love it ! xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my wow those trousers are amazing, the monochrome looks so chic!

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia. I'm so obsessed with monochrome at the moment it's a bit worrying. I think I need to insert a bit of colour into things soon ha ha xx

      Delete
  5. This outfit is AMAZING and you are so gorgeous.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog!!!
    Can we follow each other via gfc bloglovin and g+?

    http://asweetwoorld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Essie- you look hot to trot!! Xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never realised before how thin you are! Checked trousers and black top is a great combination! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! As you clearly love fashion, why no enter our Van Mildert Blogger Competition? You can win a £100 voucher for simply posting an outfit on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look amazing!! absolutely gorgeous and those trouser look perfect on you x

    ReplyDelete